Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thank you Project Porchlight!

www.projectporchlight.com

CFLs contain mercury Please recycle where facilities exist
See www.earth911.org

I wanted to thank everyone involved with giving me and almost 3 million other people a free porch light. I was opening a new 4 pack of 15W CFL bulbs converting the rest of our household lighting to low voltage lighting I remembered I had not done that.

These bulbs are great (if you've been living under a rock for a few years and don't already know) I was able to take a two bulb ceiling fixture that put out two much harsh light with 2x60W bulbs and not enough with one 60 or 2x40W to 2x15W CFLs and my eyes feel better already! I use to hate the light in this room and now it's perfect for half the wattage. Bulb prices are great making it THE time if you haven't already done so. Start with one bulb if you have to but trust me it's worth the money.

I still hate the fixture but it's not because of the bulbs anymore :D

I already had a CFL porch lamp when you dropped one off but I'll have you know I put it right to use in this lamp within minutes of someone being on my porch!

I had to laugh because I asked for these for x-mas and I think it's one of the best presents I've ever received. I have to convert the older style fluoros yet but two 23W bulbs are going to do the trick in the bathroom with 3x15W in the kitchen. A savings of over 50% in electric per year on every light we have in the house it's awesome and we can feel like we're doing our part!

No comments:

Post a Comment